The budget for a trip to Mallorca, getting around, when to go… This article brings together everything you need to know before organising your trip to Mallorca and my advice on how to make the most of it.
Dans cet article, vous trouverez :
- Covid Situation
- When to go to Mallorca?
- Getting around Mallorca
- How long to stay in Mallorca?
- What is the budget for a trip to Mallorca?
- Where to sleep in Mallorca?
- What are the must-sees in Mallorca?
COVID Situation – November 2022
Since this summer, all restrictions on travel to Spain have been lifted for passengers from the European Union. No health pass is required, nor QR code on arrival. However, masks must be worn on the plane and on public transport.
When to go to Mallorca?
The good news is that you can go almost all year round! To enjoy the beaches, it is best to go from April/May to October when the water temperature is good (July and August are very busy but you can still enjoy the beaches without people in the early morning). The winter months are cold but spring and autumn have very pleasant temperatures.
Getting around Mallorca
Renting a car is the best way to explore this beautiful island! I always recommend offUgo: a reliable car rental agency, no deposit, no hidden fees, everything is simple! For 10% discount on your booking, you can use the code GLOBE10 or click here!
You can also travel by bus from Palma, but expect the journeys to be longer. It is quite easy and the island is well served, but you may have to take several buses to cross the island and some places are not accessible. Find the map here.
Another solution if you don’t plan to cross the island is to rent a scooter. It’s a great way to get around if you want to explore a part of the island without renting a car.
How long to stay in Mallorca?
It is the ideal destination for a long weekend (for example visit Palma one or two days and a small village (Banyalbufar, Valldemossa, Cala Figuera) or the south of the island for the beautiful beaches two days depending on your preferences. This is what I recommend if you don’t have more time!
To be able to explore the whole island taking your time, the ideal would be two weeks to go all around and see the main places. But in one week or even a long weekend you can do a good part of this itinerary or most of the places to see.
What is the budget for a trip to Mallorca?
In Mallorca, prices vary from place to place of course, and in the summer the prices of hotels and car rentals tend to rise. Here are some estimates of the prices you will encounter:
- Accommodation: around €80/110 per night for two people in a hotel, depending on location and season.
- Car rental: €350 for a week. Prices vary greatly depending on the period. Update 2022: as prices have increased, I recommend that you book a car in advance!
- Meals: count a minimum of 10/15 € per person per meal in a restaurant. Tapas are cheaper and you will find them almost everywhere.
Where to sleep in Mallorca?
Here are some of my favourite hotels on the island:
In the West:
- Hotel D’Interior Ca Mado Paula : a gem in Banyalbufar!
- Son Borguny : a charming hotel in Banylabufar.
- Petit Hotel Valldemossa : a beautiful and peaceful hotel in the centre of Valldemossa
- Hôtel Ca’n Abril : comfortable and tastefully decorated hotel in Sóller.
- Hotel Hoposa Uyal : a beautiful 4 star hotel at the foot of the beach in Puerto de Pollença
- Hôtel Sa Tanqueta : in the heart of the mountains in Fornalutx
- La Residencia, a Belmond Hotel : one of the most beautiful hotels on the island
- Es Moli : a superb hotel in Deià
There are lots of options! Don’t hesitate to look at booking to find the right accommodation for you, it is on this site that there is the most choice in Mallorca (whether you are looking for hotels, holiday homes, hostels or BnB).
What are the must-sees in Mallorca?
Beaches and small coves, mountains, adventure, picturesque villages… To discover the must-see places in Mallorca and the best addresses, find the complete guide here!
Don’t hesitate to ask your questions and share your good tips in comments ♥ See you on Instagram to explore the island with me!
Leave a Comment